Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How's your health?

I have had occasion to ponder my health this year, as I have followed the blogs of two others who are not in good health.

The first is Husband's cousin's son - a 4 year-old who has had leukaemia this year, he was diagnosed around February, has had a lot of chemo and a bone marrow transplant. While he is certainly still recovering, he is officially in remission, with this post put up by his father a few weeks ago:

To God be the glory
Great things He has done!
The bone marrow transplant
Has healed our dear son!
The latest results of his bone marrow be -
There's no more leukaemia in ...!
Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD! ...


Another friend here in Adelaide has been recently diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. 


It certainly makes you put your own health in perspective.
  • when I survey my increasing grey hair, I thankful I have my hair and have not lost it due to chemotherapy;
  • when I ponder what to eat, I am thankful I have an appetite and a taste for food; and
  • when I am frustrated at the waiting time at the GP, I am thankful I am not looking at long hospital visits.

But mostly, I am thankful that each of these people and their families trust that God is good and that he cares for them, even in these hard times of bad health.

No comments: