Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jane Saunders CD

On the recommendations made in both Nicole's and Jean's reviews, I made an impromptu purchase at Koorong recently - the Jane Saunders In His Hands CDAnd like them, I love it.

The music is elegant, the words are clear and the message in them is both inspiring and encouraging. The kids really like it too, especially Little Lamb which talks about a little girl's conversion (hers?):
Little lamb she hears a song
She's seven and she sings along
The words just keep on spinning
through her mind
Later on that very day
In a precious deep and simple way
She calls to Jesus come into my life.

Chorus:
Throw the gates of heaven open
Sing you angels sing
Little lamb was lost, but now
she's coming in
She's coming in to Jesus...
My 6  & 4 year olds have already learnt all the words to this song and to most of the others too, and they have also asked questions about the words and what they mean - what a great opportunity!

Some of the songs (including Little Lamb) are written by Colin Buchanan, and you can almost imagine his voice singing them too, they are a very similar style (to his adult music!).

Another song I really like is "All my tears", which has sort of a calypso feel (I am shocking at categorising music, so this could be wrong!). I suspect it is a traditional song which she has redone, the lyrics  (by Julie Miller) I love, as well as the tune...
When I go don't cry for me
In my father's arms I'll be
The wounds this world left on my soul
Will all be healed and I'll be whole

Sun and moon will be replaced
With the light of Jesus' face
And I will not be afraid
For my Saviour knows my name

Chorus

It don't matter where you bury me
I'll be home and I'll be free
It don't matter where I lay
All my tears be washed away.

Have a look at her website and her myspace page and listen to the sample tracks - perhaps you also will be tempted to make an impromptu purchase!

No comments: