Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stand in awe of God – the sustainer

He is the sustainer

The sun rises and sets each day because God sustains it. The rain falls on crops and the sun shines because God sustains his earth.
You care for the land and water it;
you enrich it abundantly.
The streams of God are filled with water
to provide the people with grain,
for so you have ordained it.
10 You drench its furrows
and level its ridges;
you soften it with showers
and bless its crops.
11 You crown the year with your bounty,
and your carts overflow with abundance.
12 The grasslands of the desert overflow;
the hills are clothed with gladness.
13 The meadows are covered with flocks
and the valleys are mantled with grain;
they shout for joy and sing. (Ps 65:9-13)
Not only can we stand in awe of God for creating everything, we also stand in awe because he sustains his creation daily.

God sustains our lives:
I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. (Ps 3:5)

Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you. (Isaiah 46:4)

Jesus sustains all things:
The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. (Heb 1:3)

No comments: